1. What time did you get up this morning? I woke up at 5, but dragged myself out of bed at 6:20.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Neither, really
3. What was the last movie you saw in theatres? I forget now...
4. What is your favorite TV show? NCIS. I love the characters and the interaction. I also love Two and a Half Men, for pretty much the same reason.
5. Who is the most over-blown novel writer? Ernest Hemingway. Maybe it's because I had to read so much of his writing when I was in school.
6. What is your middle name? Connelly.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Chain restaurant.
8. What foods do you dislike? Anything with mayonnaise in it.
9. What are your favorite Potato chips? Jay's. They're made in Chicago and are generally only available there.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? This Girl's Gotta Play, by Joyce Cooling. Mostly because that's the only one that I can think of right now. I typically get my music off of the Internet now.
11. What kind of car do you drive? I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX that I'm going to drive until the wheels fall off of it. We also have a 2002 Honda Odyssey minivan that I will be driving to Chicago over the weekend.
12. Favorite sandwich? Subway's BMT on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, onion, oil and vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. As I learned today, they're a mite tasty when toasted.
13. What characteristics in people do you despise? Arrogance, condescension, phoniness, dishonesty...pretty much the full Hillary Clinton package.
14. Favorite item of clothing? powder blue oxford cloth shirts with button-down collars and khaki pants, which is what I wear to work nearly every day. I also have a suit that makes me look like Jackie Gleason.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? India.
16. What color is your bathroom? Pink and green, although we've talked about changing that wallpaper.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Omar the Tent Maker. Seriously, George Foreman.
18. Where would you retire to? I'm already there, although not retired: Marietta, Georgia.
19. Favorite time of day: Morning.
20. What was your most memorable birthday? My 21st. Mary...ahem...spent the weekend with me in the dorm at Loyola.
21. Where were you born? St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago, IL.
22. Favorite sport to watch on TV? Baseball
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Probably bayarts, who's on hiatus.
24. Person you expect to send it back first? Either anderyn or summerlady
25. Do you remember the name of your very 1st boyfriend/girlfriend? Julie Wollar.
26. Coke or Pepsi? Dr. Pepper.
27. Are you a morning person or night owl? Morning. It drives people nuts.
28. What is your shoe size? 8 1/2 4E
29. Most bizarre/unusual food you have ever eaten: Sushi.
30. Most memorable vacation: England and Scotland, in 1979.
31. What did you want to be when you were little? A taxi driver, a policeman, and then when I got older, a wealthy white bastard.
32. Favourite 1980's TV show: The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It was also my favorite show from the 1970's.
33. What book are you currently reading? 20 Master Plots and How to Build Them, by Ronald B. Tobias. I'm weak on plotting.
34. Are you a packrat? Yes, and it drives me nuts.
35. In your future, is there anything you don't look forward to doing? Yes.
36. Do you have any collections or collect anything in particular? Not really.
37. What is your favorite color? Green.
38. What is your least favorite household chore? Either making the bed or scooping the boxes.
39. What relative are you most like? My mother.
40. What did you do this past weekend? Watched baseball games, fretted over Kinko's not getting my printing done on time, went out for coffee on Sunday.
41. Gold or silver? Both. I prefer silver.
42. What do you do to stay in shape? Nothing. I'm not in shape.
43. What is your best culinary talent? Grilling meat.
44. Do you have any special pets? All kinds of them, but particularly Willie, Toby and Lucy, three of my 19 cats.
45. What's one thing you would like to have? Fame and fortune. I can live without the fame.