Job interview tomorrow. I learn today (because a letter bounced back to me) that just as I have an agent on Monster that looks for jobs that specify "trainer", my prospective employer has an agent that looks for specific keywords and feeds them to her. The criteria that matched were (1) I'm a US citizen, (2) I have a bachelor's degree, and (3) I'm an experienced non-manager.
In any event, I'm going to go for it. I had intended on making it as an independent consultant, but if they're willing to hire me and the price is right, I'll take it. My old company (surprise, surprise) is stalling on the contracting job that I was called on about a week ago. I don't think it's me; I think it's the fact that they just don't do a very good job of closing business. Their loss if I'm not available if and when they close the deal. I'll give them every opportunity to contract it to me, but I'm not going to sit around like a schmuck and wait by the phone like I did when I was working for them. That about drove me nuts. I'm half tempted to call it off from my perspective, but I see no reason to burn my bridges yet.
Wish me luck. On the face of it, this would be a good situation. I'll know tomorrow evening.