It takes me two days to get the cover off the bottom of the laptop. I manage somehow to strip both screw heads, one so badly that I finally had to pull out my hand drill and drill it off. And, lo and behold, once I get the cover off, I discover that there are two 256MB memory modules staring up at me. Undaunted, I remove one of the memory modules and, when it proves to work, I order a second, figuring that I need more than the 734MB that it's now showing.
I pick up said memory module today, replace it, and it brings me up to 992 MB, still 32 MB shy of the 1 GB that I was expecting, but much better than it had been. I had thought that the missing 32 MB was a bad part on the memory module, but it now appears that they'll have to go in and fix something on the motherboard, which I'll get done when I have the time, which doesn't appear to be anytime soon.
Apart from that, all is well at this end. The kittens are being adorable, as is often the wont of kittens (particularly these two), and the others have adjusted to their being here for the most part.
And, I need to get some real work done. I've been helping Mary in between getting work done, and making hotel reservations and doing all kinds of other crap that needs doing but doesn't seem to get done ever. I need to get a couple of printer cartridges. Maybe I'll do that this evening.