Here are the movies that the pictures came from, along with the person who got it right first:
1. "Singin' in the Rain" (that is Donald O'Connor, as gunhed figured)
2. "A Hard Day's Night" (friendsafire noticed that right away. swisscelt guessed that it was "Help!", which was close.)
3. "The Great Escape" (devbrain got this one first.)
4. "Sabrina" (gunhed got this one, possibly from the Humphrey Bogart hint.)
5. "This is Spinal Tap" (devbrain got this one.)
6. "The Caine Mutiny" (summerlady got this.)
7. "King Kong vs. Godzilla" (gunhed again.)
8. "What's Up, Tiger Lily?" (No one got this one. It was one of Woody Allen's first movies; he took a low-grade Japanese thriller and dubbed it in English.)
9. "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (summerlady got the first part, devbrain got the last part.)
10. "The Ladykillers" (the original, starring Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, Herbert Lom and others; friendsafire got this one.)
Now, for the update. We got up early today and bought a new refrigerator. The one we have is about ten years old (about the time that most refrigerators go on the permanent fritz), I had a coupon from Best Buy, and it was a Georgia State Sales Tax Holiday for energy efficient appliances; in short, it was a good time to buy. It's a Frigidaire side-by-side with a thing in the door for ice and water. I know that the house is set with a water line for the refrigerator, but I don't know where the shutoff is for it (it's shut off now, because the refrigerator we have now doesn't have an icemaker in it), and they won't hook it up unless the shutoff valve is right next to the water line, so I've got to call God's Gift To Plumbing and have him set us up.
Then, we went to lunch and out for coffee, came home, I made dinner (eye of round roast, baked potatoes and green beans), watched the Braves get knocked out of the playoffs (it took 18 innings, but they had a five-run lead in the bottom of the eighth...), and now I'm killing some time in preparation for getting some work done that I should have finished last week, because this week I have to get a huge handout ready for a demanding client who in turn has a demanding client. I thought I had installed everything correctly and got help in loading the customer's database, but it appears to be somewhat on the FUBAR side. I'll have to go in tomorrow and get with the technical person for help, because I have next to no experience with Oracle and I have no clue what I'm doing.
I've been drinking grapefruit juice in the morning, and you know, I think it's been a lot of help. It's a natural diuretic, which is good for the blood pressure. Maybe I should have a couple of glasses a day.
Anyway, in case I don't get back out here for a few days, hope everyone's doing well, and I'll talk to you later.