Name your top six TV shows right now, before reading the questions:
2. CSI Miami
4. Two and a Half Men
5. Close to Home
6. Without a Trace
1. Who is your favorite character from #2?
Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter). First, she's good looking and unabashedly Southern. Second, she's the firearms and ballistics expert, meaning that she's often seen firing guns. In fact, you get the sense that she really likes guns. Third, she's all business, but has a way about her that makes people comfortable.
2. Who is your least favorite character from #4?
Rose (Melanie Lynskey), the psycho neighbor. Understand I like all of the characters in this show, but I had to pick one. She's actually quite funny, and I've missed her this past season, where she had less of a role.
3. What would a crossover between #1 and #5 include?
It would include an NCIS investigation that involved a sailor from Indianapolis, and it would turn out that it wasn't the sailor but someone close to him who was the perpetrator (or victim). Y'know...that would be a pretty good show, wouldn't it?
4. Who is your favorite ship from #6?
Martin Fitzgerald (Eric Close) and Samantha Spade (Poppy Montgomery). It's a much better match than Sam and Jack.
5. If you were to set one person from #3 and one person from #6 on a blind date, who would they be?
Dr. Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) and Danny Taylor (Enrique Murciano), followed closely by Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) and Elena Delgado (Roselyn Sanchez) and Dr. Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) and Jack Malone (Anthony LaPaglia).
6. If you could meet one person from #4 and spend the day with them, who would it be, and what would you do?
Charlie. We'd go out for a liquid lunch, then to a bar to pick up women. Of course, if I hung out with Alan, I could get an adjustment.
7. If you could change one thing about #2's plot line, what would you change?
Fire Horatio Caine (David Caruso) and put Frank Tripp (Rex Linn) in charge.
8. Explain a relationship between two people (not necessarily romantic)from show #5, and why you like the relationship between them.
I like the relationship between Annabeth (Jennifer Finnigan) and Maureen (Kimberly Elise). It's professional, but you can tell that there's warmth and mutual respect. Maureen has ended up as the more senior of the two, but she really cares about Annabeth and tries hard to alleviate the job stress for her, and Annabeth just can't let her.
9. If the lead title characters (first name in the credits) from #1 and #3 were both drowning, and you could only save one, who would it be?
Tough question. How does one choose between Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and Gregory House (Hugh Laurie)? Probably House, because House is crippled and I'd expect Gibbs to get out of it on his own.
10. If you could change the title characters' order in the credits for #4, what order would you choose?
I'd put Angus T. Jones (the kid who plays Jake) first.
11. If you were able to add a new character, any kind of character you wanted, to the storyline for #6, what would the character be like and what would their role be?
A real by-the-rule-book bureaucrat who spends most of his/her time bitching that Malone's team isn't doing their paperwork.
12. What happens in your favorite episode of show #2?
Calleigh's father thinks he's killed someone in a DUI incident, and Ryan Wolf (Jonathan Togo), just transferred from uniform to CSI, does the investigation and clears the father. At the end of it, Calleigh takes her father's car keys from him.
13. If you could kill off one of the characters of #1, who would it be and how would you do it?
I'd hate to see any of them go, although I wouldn't mind seeing director Jenny Shepard (Lauren Holly) get killed off.
14. If you got the chance to visit the set for either show #3 or show #5, which would you choose?
15. So, I saved the best question for last. If you could date anyone from any of these shows, which show and which person?
Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter) from "CSI: Miami", for the reasons stated above.
This is a pretty good exercise. I think it would be interesting to do it a couple of times, choosing different shows and sorting them in a different sequence. You could end up with some pretty interesting pairings. Maybe I'll try that.