1. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship? Mary Kacka (my wife's maiden name; the last relationship that ended for me was 30 years ago, believe it or not)
2. When was the last time you shaved your legs? Never.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8am? Sleeping
4. What were you doing 15 minutes AGO? Scooping litter boxes
6. Last night? Watching TV
7. Do you have any famous ancestors? I believe that Edward Holton, the man who founded the Kansas Society of Milwaukee (an organization intended to keep Kansas a free state as opposed to a slave state) is a distant relative. The town of Holton, KS is named for him.
8. Have you ever taken out a loan to pay for school? For my two years at Northwestern, yes. I went pretty much tuition-free to Loyola, because my stepfather worked there.
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? I have a MySpace account (http://www.myspace.com/johnholton) but so far haven't added much in the way of a profile.
10. Last thing received in the mail? A notice from Brinker International (the people who operate Chili's) that they're having a Dutch auction.
11. How many different beverages have you drunk today? 3 - Coffee, water and three cans of Red Bull. I guess I should include the smoothie I made for breakfast from my Ultra-Meal...make it 4.
12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines? All the time.
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Blood, Sweat and Tears at Ravinia Park in Highland Park, IL during the summer of 1972.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No.
15. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had? Having two wisdom teeth pulled. The dentist told me to go home and drink lots of Scotch. No kidding.
16. What is outside of your back door? My back yard, or my deck, depending on what level you're talking about.
17. Any plans for Friday night? "Ghost Whisperer", "Close to Home" and "Numbers".
18. Do you like the ocean? I love the ocean between Santa Monica and Venice, CA. I spent one of the best afternoons of my life walking there.
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn for christmas? My brother sends me one every year.
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? The Adler, in Chicago.
21.Do you like the smell of money? I love money, period.
22. Something you are excited about? NaNoWriMo.
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Red
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive? No. Nor are any of my grandparents (though my maternal grandfather's second wife is doing pretty well) or parents.
25. Describe your keychain: It's an old fashioned key ring that I've had since college.
26. Where do you keep your change? The top drawer of my night stand, a change counting bank in my office, in the change tray in the van, and in my pocket until I can get it to one of those three places.
27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people? I do training sessions all the time, generally to about 5-15 people. It's been about 15 years since I've talked to a group bigger than that.
28. What kind of winter coat do you have? A Thinsulate jacket that I picked up dirt cheap at Casual Male in Canton, OH. I had gone to town wearing a spring jacket, because it was March and it was already spring in Atlanta. Not so in Northern Ohio, where snow was predicted.
29. What was the weather like on your graduation? High school: Clear, 70 degrees. I graduated at 8 PM. College: Clear and cold, lower 30s (I graduated in January, 1978).
30. Do you sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? Open. Otherwise the cats are banging on it.