So, here are my goals for 2008:
- Get finished getting over the stroke. I intend on getting back the use of my right hand, getting back to driving and generally becoming more independent and able to help out more at home.
- Start writing again. I've taken a fairly long hiatus from it, and I miss it.
- Start playing guitar again. Same as above.
- Take better care of myself. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally. My BP is under control with medication, but I'm still prone to letting stress build, and that will kill me. I intend to walk more and get the hell out of my office more often. I still need to improve my diet.
- Refuse to become the forgotten man at work. As nice as it is to not have my boss in my face all day, the opposite is just as disconcerting. I tend to sit around and get pissed off when I ask for help and don't get it. Screw that noise; if they don't help me, they're going to hear about it. If it gets to where I have to show up and start kicking ass and taking names, I will, and if that doesn't fix it, there are other places to work.
- Learn new stuff. I woke up this morning and started to think that I'm closer to the end of my life than the beginning and that there are a million things I want to learn before they set what's left of me on fire and stick me in the ground at St. Casimir's. I can sit around and rue the fact that I never learned them or I can start now and pick up what I can. The latter sounds better than the former.
That should keep me busy.
Oh, one more: Put titles on my LJ entries.