So, say you were meeting a new person and you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can't actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to ponder over.
What would you put in the box? No cheating - you're not allowed to include things such as links to your livejournal.
- A 2mm Dunlop Gator Grip guitar pick.
- A copy of Milton Friedman's Capitalism and Freedom.
- A pile of luggage tags from small airports.
- A bottle of Guinness Extra Stout.
- A copy of Bagtime, by Bob Greene and Paul Galloway.
- A stenographer's notepad with a pen from a hotel chain threaded through the spiral.
- A Chicago White Sox cap.
- A compact disk with music by Vince Guaraldi, Kenny Burrell, Tal Farlow, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Miles Davis, Kool and the Gang, Earth Wind and Fire, Acoustic Alchemy, The Beatles, The Gipsy Kings, and Craig Chaquico...among others.
- A pile of cat hair.
- A stack of credit card receipts from restaurants.
- A Willy 'n' Ethel cartoon: the one where Willy is sitting in their tiny, cluttered apartment, reading the paper, and he says to Ethel, "It says here that every room should make a statement...this one's must be KA-BOOM!.
- A rack of baby back ribs.
How'd I do?